Monday, June 4, 2012

Bailey-ism's

As I was telling Bailey goodnight tonight, she said her favorite line she's been using lately, "Mommy, you're my best friend!"  And she added, "And Daddy's my best friend, and Lala.  And Baby Liam."  (I had to ask her about Baby Liam before she added his name).  She also randomly added, "And you have a happy, beautiful flower Mother's Day."  (I have no idea about thiat one).

 
This prompted me to take some time to type up all of the funny things she says on a daily basis.  I have been writing them all down for a few months so I wouldn't forget them.
  • At the Mardi Gras parade, it was so cold that I was shaking all over.
          Bailey:  "Why are you shaking, Mommy?"
          Me:  "Because it is so cold."
          Bailey:  "No one's that cold."

  • "Be strong & brave & powerful & fierce & ferocious."  She has said this while riding in the car, on the golf cart, and on her bike.  I'm guessing it's from a book or movie she's seen at school??

  • "Hey!  Hey!  Let me tell you."

  • "I not talking to you, (name of other person who answered her).  I'm talking to (name of person she was talking to)."

  • "I just want a Skittle fuweez" (please)

  • "We're not at home yet."

  • "Where are we going today?" (she asks this every single day)

  • "You can do something if you want to."

  • I was feeding Liam a bottle while I was waiting on Lauren's soccer practice to end.
               Bailey:  "What is that?"
               Me:  "Baby milk.  It's different from your milk."
               Bailey:  "Oh, OK.  He's having a picnic.  Cookies, egg salad, a bottle, ham and rice, apples and rice!"

  • There was a purple Skittle on the floorboard of my car.  I don't know how she spotted it on the black carpet, all the way back in her car seat, but she did and said, "Oooooh!  Is that a Skittle, Mommy?"

  • Playing with Liam on the living room floor, she said, "Your're a cutie, yes you are!"

  • Bailey:  "What's that?"
    Me:  "A football"
          Bailey:  "A football?  Oh.  Hey football.  You can come with me today."

  • She now stops occassionally and checks herself out in the full-length mirror!

  • Climbing into Nana's lap -
          Nana:  "Ouch!"
          Bailey:  "Oh, sorry, Nana.  I didn't mean to hurt you!"

  • We all know how Bailey LOVES going to the doctor's office, right?  Well, the last time I took her, she was running & skipping into the office singing, "Doctor!  Doctor!  Yay!"

  • "We don't eat our poo poo or tee tee.  No, we'll get sick and have to go to the doctor."

  • She heard Heath disarming the security system one morning:
           Bailey:  "Oh no!  Daddy's leaving me!
           Me:  "No, he's just throwing away a diaper."
          Bailey:  "Oh.  He's just throwing away a poopy diaper?  That's crazy."

  • As Lala was leaving to go to her Daddy's house one day, Bailey said, "Bye Lala!  It's your birthday in 3 minutes!"

  • "I say uh uh" (instead of no)

  • She will tell me to turn off the blow dryer if she is watching TV in our room so she can hear what's on TV.

  • Bailey:  "I want to watch Shrek."
          Me (very tired of watching Shrek over & over):  "Do you want to watch Jake & The Neverland Pirates?"
          Bailey:  "No, I said Shrek!"
          I reluctantly turned on Shrek.
          Bailey:  "There we go!"

  • "You know better."

  • "Bye!  I'll see you 'morrow!" (tomorrow)

  • She can sing "Red Solo Cup" as well as every word from the song from a Care Bears movie.

  • She will put her finger over your mouth and say, "Don't say another word."

  • "I told you."

  • After she spilled her cereal on the table, "I can still eat it."

  • Bailey:  "How do you spell Mickey?"
    Me:  "M-i-c-k-e-y."
          Bailey:  "Ok, that works."

  • "You need to be sweet, ok?"

  • "Calm down."

  • As a construction truck drove by while we were walking in the neighborhood, she said, "Wait!  Don't get us!"  After it passed by, she said, "Thank you!"

  • She overheard me talking to Heath about something I read about kids and asked, "What you talkin' about kids, Mommy?"

  • When a Disney World commercial came on TV:  "Look, it's Disney World!  It's so far away!"

  • She loves to ride her stick pony (or now her little brother's back) and say, "Giddy up!  Ride 'em cowboy!"

  • "What's going on?"

  • "I didn't mean it."

  • And I saved my favorite for last.  After telling Bailey months ago that we were going to the beach:
          Bailey:  "We going to the beach today?"
          Heath:  "No, we're going swimming."
          Bailey (holds her palm up in the air as she walks out the door):  "Mommy, talk to Daddy about the swimming thing."

No comments:

Post a Comment