Thursday, November 3, 2011

Sweet Liam

St. Fred's girls soccer beat West Ridge 2-1 last night.  Then they beat Lee 6-1 tonight.  Who says public school sports are better than private?  I've been hearing this from Heath as long as I've known him, so I'm rubbing it in just a bit.    :-)

This morning, I was calling Bailey to come in the bathroom so I could fix her hair.  She didn't respond, so I went into the living room only to find her sitting on the couch drinking straight out of the milk carton!  I have always bought organic milk for her, now that we know the benefits (didn't know all of this stuff when Lauren was little).  So thank goodness she is the only one who drinks from that milk carton!  I can't imagine where she would have learned this from... (hint, I don't even drink milk!)!! 

On the way to daycare, she asked for sticks (I keep lots of packs of Newk's breadsticks in the car because she loves them so much).  I told her no, we would have to get some later.  Then, as we were crossing over Forsythe, she said, "No, go that way!" as she pointed to the right.  Surely this 2 year old child doesn't realize that Newk's is that direction?!?!  Then when I was putting on ChapStick, she said, "Mommy, I need makeup please".  She put on the ChapStick and said, "Ooooh, I'm pretty now.  You're pretty too, Mommy.  Mommy, we are so pretty!"

So...I love my baby boy.  Of course I do, right?  But I mean really, I absolutely adore Liam.  Heath jokingly tells me that I am obsessed with Liam.  I am not really, but I do think I am a little overwhelmed right now with how incredibly different it is to have a boy.  I love his big blue eyes, I love his adorable cleft chin, I love his NEVERENDING smiles, I love the way his face lights up when he sees me, I love the fact that sometimes all he wants is me to hold him!  It is mind-blowing to me the amount of love that I can feel for another person.

Now, please don't get me wrong, I love ALL of my children EQUALLY.  If I would have been a blogger in the past, I am sure I would have written the overwhelming feelings I had for Lauren and Bailey when they were babies.  There is a just special kind of love for them when they are this tiny.  Lauren and Bailey amaze me everyday with the things they are learning and doing, but they can be such stubborn little boogers sometimes!  Just like the saying goes, "You spend the first 12 months of your children's lives teaching them to walk and talk.  Then you spend the rest of their lives telling them to sit down and shut up!"  LOL!

At this age, Liam just lays there and smiles and "talks" to me.  I am so thankful for this new little life that we have been blessed with.  Each of my 3 children was a very special blessing in their own way.
Liam has such a sweet spirit.  He is so patient with his loud and sometimes rough older sisters.  Most of the the time, they pretty much leave him alone.  But they do love to hold him and "pet" on him and give him hugs and kisses...when THEY feel like it.  Sometimes hugs and kisses from Bailey involve her putting her entire body on Liam, and Lauren is a little freaked out about changing diapers because of his "boy business".  But no matter what his sisters are doing, Liam just keeps on smiling at them!

It is so funny to hear everyone's thoughts on who they think Liam looks like and why.  We get lots of mixed opinions on that topic.  If you look at pictures of Bailey at the same age, Liam looks exactly like a boy version of Bailey.  He's also definitely marked by the strong "Heath chin", just like Bailey.  His eyes are big and round, as are all 3 of my babies.  If you look at pictures of my dad as a baby, Liam looks exactly like him.  Overall, in my opinion, I see a lot of me in him, which is perhaps why he resembles my dad so much.  I have always been labeled to look like my dad, and my sister like my mom.  However, I love the fact that each one of my children has their own distinct look...yet there is no denying that they are all siblings!

No comments:

Post a Comment